The Media Center of Coral Glades High School serves as the focal point and campus hub for information resources and media equipment throughout the school. Our primary goal is to provide the materials and equipment necessary to support and enhance all areas of instruction, to stimulate intellectual growth, and to encourage individual pursuits reading for pleasure. Our collection must meet the varying needs of all learners. An environment in which inquiry, creativity, technology, personal development, and communication of ideas is to be developed and maintained.
Media Center Staff
- Jennifer Redmond, Media Specialist
- Judy Berman, Media Secretary
Titles in the collection: over 15,000
Magazine subscriptions: 65
Student computer workstations: 45, a combination of Dells and Macs, 2 smart boards and Distance Learning equipment.
- Student ID badges are a must to enter media center.
- Eating, drinking, card playing and cell phones are not permitted.
- Comply with all requests made by the media center staff.
- When using computers, classes and assignments take priority over other uses.
- Be respectful of materials, equipment and each other.
- One student per computer before school, after school and during lunch.
- Passes and Student ID are required during class time.
- No passes are needed before or after school and during your lunch time.
- Passes from substitutes will not be accepted.
- Student ID is required to check out materials.
- Books may be checked out for two weeks, and can be renewed for an additional two weeks.
Student Printing and Copying
Students are able to print and make copies in black and white for $.15 per page. Color print outs only are available for $.50